The Welsh Explorer
- Produktkod: P1TXM2
For this trip you should be fairly fit. If you are unsure, get in touch and we can talk you through the trip and between us we can work out if you’ll struggle.
Suggested itinerary (a little flexi depending on weather...)
- First evening: we'll meet at the Vagabond hostel in Betws-y-Coed. Let's head out for dinner and work the plan out for the weekend.
- The next morning we'll head out early to meet our guides from Bearded Men Adventures. We'll explore together the gorges of the Afon Prysor. This is clambering in the river, abseiling, jumping, climbing in one of the most beautiful places - it is actually classed as a temperate rain forest! It's truly magical. In the afternoon we'll head to Bounce Below. This is the most ridiculous amount of fun - in an underground cavern they have strung up a whole series of nets which act like trampolines. It's SO MUCH FUN!!!
- That evening we'll eat at one of the local pubs and meet up with those joining up for the weekend.
- Morning number two is another early start as we take on Tryfan with our guides from Bearded Men Adventures - this isn't an easy mountain and we'll spend quite a lot of time scrambling. and you do need to have a good level of fitness. But, it is rewarding and way more interesting than perhaps the more famous Snowdon.
- On the last morning we'll head to Go Below. This is an entire day underground - exploring the network of deserted mining tunnels now kitted out with zip lines, ladders, swings... it's like a via ferrata in the dark and it is AWESOME! Obviously we'll be doing the Xtreme version... :)
- This will be the most amazing weekend and you HAVE to come. When you go back to work the next day and somebody says, 'do anything interesting at the weekend?'....
Included in the price:
- 3 nights in mixed dorm accommodation at Vagabond hostel
- Breakfast each morning
- Gorge walking and Bounce Below activities as well as including guides for hike/scramble over Tryfan and entry to Xtreme Go Below
Extras to pay:
- Transport from / to Betws-y-Coed. Join the HOFNAR minibus from London (or along the route) [plus £75]
- All food and drink apart from breakfast