Lake District Adventure Weekend
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PCMWTN
Hosted by HOFNAR and 'guided' by Bearded Men Adventures, this is going to be EPIC!
We'll meet up at the YHA Coniston Holly How on the Friday afternoon / evening and (depending on what time everyone gets there) head for a stroll down towards the lake and get dinner at a pub in the village. That evening we'll put together our final plan of action, depending on the weather and what our guides suggest.
We are looking to do a fairly chunky hike on the Saturday. Route suggestions are welcome, but we'll be looking to avoid the crowds, find some spectacular views and go wild swimming in remote tarns.
In the evening we'll bbq on the shore of Coniston Water, it's pretty magical here.
Sunday is all about the water - our guides will deck us out in wetsuits and safety kit before leading us into the Church Beck Gorge - leaping into the frothing river from cliffs, scrambling and sliding ... the perfect way to clear any lingering thoughts of real ale from the night before!
In the afternoon, we'll take our canoes and explore Coniston water, possibly heading out to Peel (Wild Cat) Island made famous by the Swallows & Amazons book by Arthur Ransome.
It will be a weekend of adventure, laughs, fitness, exploring, new friends... just so much fun,and definitely something to talk about come Monday morning when people say to you, 'get up to anything interesting this weekend?!'
Included in the price:
- Hostel 4 person room accommodation - YHA Coniston Holly How
- Breakfast each morning (think cereal, porridge, bacon roll, juices, tea / coffee)
- Fully qualified mountain guide from Bearded Men Adventures
- Morning gorge walking with Bearded Men Adventures
- Afternoon canoeing with Bearded Men Adventures
- Mug, plate, cutlery
- Waterproofs (if you do not have the guide may not let you hike with us)
- Suitable footware with good grips (if you do not have the guide may not let you hike with us, if you are not sure have a chat with us in advance)
- Trainers you don't mind getting wet / slightly beaten up in the river